A&A Metro Transportation is proud to have been providing transportation for clients for 64 years. We pride ourselves on our family heritage, our special relationships with our clients and our services since 1952.
During the 2015-2016 school year, A&A Metro Transportation proudly provided transportation for FIRST Robotics of Bridgewater Raynham Regional High School (team name, FRC Team 88) to several events including The Granite State District Event at Windham High School in New Hampshire as well as their first world championship in St. Louis, Missouri on April 26th, 2016.
You can learn more about the team here on their website.
Congratulations to all your success FIRST Robotics and we are honored to have been able to provide you transportation!
More information on FIRST from the team’s website.
FIRST (For Inspiration and Recognition of Science and Technology) was founded in 1989 to inspire young people’s interest and participation in science and technology. Based in Manchester, NH, this not-for-profit public charity designs accessible, innovative programs that motivate young people to pursue education and career opportunities in science, technology, engineering, and math, while building self-confidence, knowledge, and life skills.
The mission of FIRST is to inspire young people to be science and technology leaders, by engaging them in exciting mentor-based programs that build science, engineering and technology skills, that inspire innovation, and that foster well-rounded life capabilities including self-confidence, communication, and leadership.
What is FRC?
- FIRST Robotics Competition (FRC) is a unique varsity sport of the mind designed to help high-school-aged young people discover how interesting and rewarding the life of engineers and researchers can be.
- The FIRST Robotics Competition challenges teams of young people and their mentors to solve a common problem in a six-week timeframe using a standard “kit of parts” and a common set of rules. Teams build robots from the parts and enter them in competitions designed by Dean Kamen, Dr. Woodie Flowers, and a committee of engineers and other professionals.
- FIRST redefines winning for these students because they are rewarded for excellence in design, demonstrated team spirit, gracious professionalism and maturity, and the ability to overcome obstacles. Scoring the most points is a secondary goal. Winning means building partnerships that last.
What is unique about the FRC program?
- It is a sport where the participants play with the pros and learn from them
- Designing and building a robot is a fascinating real-world professional experience
- Competing on stage brings participants as much excitement and adrenaline rush as conventional
- The game rules are a surprise every year.